If you are a person who struggles with an oily head? Scalp and hair both? Well, then this range of products from L’Oreal might what you have been waiting for.
We’ll be taking a close look into the L’Oreal Paris Extraordinary Clay range which features a shampoo, conditioner and a scalp refresher.
The pre-shampoo masque isn’t being featured here since it isn’t available too readily or consistently in India-either online or in the stores. It is usually shipped from US and for a 150ml pack is priced at Rs.1,379 at Desertcart. To buy, click here.
But we explore the products and their pricing, let’s take a quick look at what may cause an oily scalp and how the ingredients of these products may counter that.
According to this article “An oily scalp is caused by over-reactive sebaceous glands on the scalp. The oil attracts dirt more easily, produces dandruff, and makes your hair stick together. In the worst cases, the sebum glands clog the hair roots and may cause excessive hair loss and dandruff.”
Clay is known for the following (read the full article here):
- Draws out impurities from hair and scalp. Bentonite is a negatively charged clay that attracts positively charged product build-up and heavy metal toxins. Using it on your curls results in 100% cleansed hair.
- Has Antimicrobial Properties. Bentonite kills bacteria, viruses, and fungus from the scalp and hair. It’s perfect to use if you have dandruff, scalp fungus, or seborrheic dermatitis.
- Defines Curls. Naturals swear by the clay’s ability to clump curls together and define them.
- Enhances Shine. If you have product build-up, you’ve probably noticed that your hair has taken on a slightly white or gray tone. This film can hinder your hair’s natural ability to shine.
- Softens and Conditions Hair. A bentonite clay mask can help with manageability by softening and conditioning the hair. You’ll enjoy having fewer tangles to deal with on wash days.
- Promotes Healthy Hair Growth. Bentonite clay doesn’t exactly stimulate the scalp, but it does unclog hair follicles. Cleansing the scalp thoroughly can enhance healthy hair growth by creating the perfect environment for growing hair.
The shampoo and conditioner come together to create a head of hair that feels lighter for all the right reasons- not for hair fall but because the oily, greasy feeling of the scalp and hair disappear; leaving more freely-moving hair and a sense of freshness, coolness that lasts long after the hair has been washed and dried. It is recommended that they be used daily for optimum effect.
The scalp refresher works instantly to ease a heavy feeling that comes with unhealthy hair that’s clumped with sebum and also an itchy scalp.
With added menthol that soothes and curbs the itchiness, this serum is a handy thing to have around. Useable at any time, it is a good companion to the shampoo and conditioning regime.
These products are usually available in all mid-large supermarkets and don’t burn a hole in your pocket either.
It retails at Rs.135 for 175ml on Amazon for the shampoo and Rs.140 for the conditioner and Rs.250 for 100ml pack of the scalp refresher. To buy, click here.
The prices remain almost the same on Flipkart with the shampoo being priced at the same amount but the conditioner being priced at Rs.148 for the same size (192 ml i.e. 175 with 10% extra). The hair serum is currently not listed in their stock. To buy on Flipkart click here.
Another reliable site to buy these products on is Nykaa. The shampoo retails at Rs.150 and the conditioner at Rs. 157. They too, don’t have the scalp refresher listed. To buy, click here.
Does your hair lose it’s bounce during the monsoons or in general after a few days post shampooing? Do you struggle with an oily scalp on a regular basis? Try the clay solution from L’Oreal and your oily hair and scalp may become a thing of the past before you know it!