It’s raining gadgets these days- dishwashers, vacuum cleaners and whatnot! People are feeling the need to streamline their lives while they work, also help their spouse with household chores and their children with technical troubleshooting when the online classes get stalled out of the blue.
Having gadgets which run on AI really helps cut down on the amount of time taken to think about what needs to be done, when it needs to be done and finally, the actual doing part.
Our guest reviewer today is a tech guy to the core. He not only works with technology, he also keeps an eye out for the kind of tech that adds value to life, makes it easier and isn’t out of most peoples’ reach- budget or usability-wise. Say hello to Prashant- father, technophile, trekking enthusiast and avid reader.
Prashant has recently acquired the 360 S7 Laser Navigation Robot Vacuum Cleaner and he’s pretty happy with it.
Here are the things that are pluses in his book wrt this robo cleaner:
- It is operable via an app and without it also. The app has more features but for elderly people and those who aren’t too keen to add yet another app to their smartphones, this robo can do the job with the touch of a button as well.
- It cleans the corners quite well.
- It has a decent-size trash collection unit.
- It is very easy to clean the trash collected and comes with small brushes which can help in cleaning away debris from the rollers underneath the robot. The trash collection box can be rinsed out with water as well.
- The battery life is pretty good. An area that’s more than 2600 square feet will use up almost 3/4 of the battery while sweeping (during the first run while it is mapping and cleaning at the same time).
- It has a mopping option as well (that will be reviewed later since it hasn’t been used yet).
- The app allows for scheduling of the room cleaner.
- You can demarcate areas of the house, or specific portions of a room which don’t or cannot be cleaned due to furniture or other items being stored there.
- The mapping function of the robo cleaner doesn’t take too long; effectively just the first time around.
- When it comes to obstacles in the path, it slows down to minimise impact and then takes a second to size up the object and then slowly goes around it.
- There are different sweeping modes and it can do portions of a house rather than the whole house each time.
- It takes about 30-45 minutes of charging to go to full battery capacity if the battery is around 40%.
- It has service centres in most of the major metros in the country.
Note: while there is a mopping function with this cleaner, the instructions clearly mention that it should not be run over wet surfaces.
This product is available solely on Amazon at this time and retails for Rs.39,990. And while it may seem steep at 40k mark, for people like Prashant who have been freed up from sweeping and mopping the house while balancing his daily calls, courtesy this little round helper; it seems well worth the investment. He can schedule it to run while he sleeps at night since the 360 Robot Vacuum can run in the darkness as well courtesy the prior mapping of the house it has done. And which techie wouldn’t like a voice-activated room cleaner?
Which new technology will you be embracing today? Will it be a robo vacuum? Find out for yourself how handy it and how good a ROI it can end up being.